If you want to do well in the world of business, you need to have an online presence. But it is not a walk in the park to promote your business online. Marketers use various methods to promote their business online. Whatever you do to promote your business, the bottom line for every marketer is that there is no alternative to high-quality content. After all, we all know that content is king.
However, it is a big mistake to create content only in the textual form. You need to add videos in your promotion toolbox to complete your digital marketing strategy.
Businesses who don’t add videos to their digital marketing scheme of things stand to lose a lot. Consumption of video content is on the rise, and the trend is expected to increase in the future.
According to Wyzowl report, 63% of businesses have already started using video content marketing. Out of those, 82% of businesses agree that video is a vital part of their marketing strategy, and 99% of them will keep using videos to promote their businesses. Also, 83% of businesses agree that video gives them a good ROI.
According to Cisco, over 80% of all traffic will consist of video by 2021. Also, live video will account for 13% of traffic by 2021.
Videos are not just easy to share across platforms, but they are a versatile and engaging content format that connects with viewers pretty effectively. People like videos because they are easy to digest, engaging, and entertaining, and marketers love them because they can give a huge return on investment.
Let us take you through some of the main reasons why you need to use video marketing for your business. But before that let us find out the types of videos.
Types of video
Videos are of different types. Different videos are used to convey different messages. Here are different types of video:
- Explainer videos – These are videos that are used to educate people about your products or services.
- Interview videos – These videos can help encourage conversation between sides or to showcase an influencer or expert.
- Product review videos (demo videos) – These videos can be created by brand ambassadors in exchange for free products. It is a very cost-effective way of getting free advertising.
- Live video – These are videos that allow you to get close and personal with your target audience, and it particularly works well on social channels.
7 reasons why you need to use video marketing for your business
Without a doubt, video is one of the most profitable and versatile digital marketing tools that you can leverage to promote your business. Here are seven strong reasons why you need to use video marketing for your business:
- It can boost your conversions and sales – With smart videos, you can improve your conversions and sales which means it can make you some serious money. If you add a product video on your landing page, it can enhance your conversions by 80%. And, it has been reported that video works well irrespective of the vertical.Video marketing can also result in direct sales. A Wyzowl study shows that 74% of those who watched an explainer video about a product went on to buy the product. Hence, it is in your interest that you quickly add videos to your scheme of things to increase your conversions and sales.It should not be surprising that videos prove to be an effective way of communicating with your audience because vision is our most dominant sense. Our brain processes visual information more readily, and that is why videos prove to be such an effective marketing tool.
- Video offers a good return on investment – 83% of businesses agree that investing in video marketing provides good returns. Though it is neither easy nor cheap to make a video, still the return it offers is phenomenal. And, that is why businesses are ready to invest big time in video marketing.Online video editing tools allow you now to conveniently and affordably make videos. Also, you can make videos with your smartphone as well. What you need to be careful about while making a video is to make sure that your message is conveyed to your users appropriately.
- It builds trust – Conversions and sales cannot happen without trust. It is important for businesses to develop trust with their prospects. Content marketing is mainly used to develop trust and build long-term relationship. What you need to do is provide your users relevant and useful information, and it will automatically lead to a sale. And, video is what can do the trick for you because it is likely to engage and ignite emotions among your audience, including the elite ones. When you put out promotional videos, it can foster trust. Even today some customers are sceptical about buying products and services on the internet. However, what effective marketing videos can do is it can present your products in a conversational form.
- Google and videos have a special relationship – When you have videos on your site, it ensures that your users spend more time on your website. As people start spending more time on your site, it develops trust which sends a strong signal to search engines that website has quality content. And, your website is more likely to show up first on Google if there is a video on your site. Also, since YouTube is now part of Google, videos can significantly impact your search engine ranking.What you need to do is optimize your videos on YouTube for search engine optimization. You can do this by creating interesting titles, descriptions, and by adding a link back to your website, products, or services.
- Mobile users watch lots of videos – Mobile video views are on the rise, and the trend is here to stay. 90% of customers watch videos on their smartphones. YouTube reports a significant jump in mobile video consumption every year. Smartphone users are growing at a steady pace, and people love to watch videos on the go which makes it necessary for businesses to add a video to their scheme of things.According to Google, smartphone users are 2X more likely than TV viewers and 1.4X more likely as desktop viewers to feel a personal connection to brands that show video content or ads on their devices.
- Video marketing can help you explain everything easily – People will buy your product or service only when they know how it works. And, video is by far the best way to explain things to your prospective customers. Businesses who plan to launch new products or services can create a video to show their viewers how things work. Most of the consumers watch an explainer video to learn more about a product or service.According to Wyzowl, 45% of businesses who use video marketing stated that they have an explainer video on their homepage. And, 83% of these businesses confirmed that their homepage explainer video proved to be effective.Hence, if you have a difficult concept to explain to your viewers, video is the best available medium. A video can do for you what textual content cannot do.
- It engages well with even the laziest buyers – Video content is not just a great tool for learning, but it is also easy to consume. People are short on time, and it is easy for them to go through a video rather than read the product description in detail. Tech savvy customers these days want to see the product in action.Video marketing can capture the imagination of a wider audience, and it works well on many levels. And, that is why it tackles the laziest customers as well. What you need to ensure is that your video content should appeal to the eyes and ears of your users.
If you have still not started using videos in your promotion toolbox, you need to re-work your digital marketing strategy. For an effective video marketing strategy, you should get in touch with vStacks Infotech now. We have the expertise and exposure to create high-quality videos that can deliver great results for your business.