If you want to do well in the world of business, you need to have a website in place. But not all websites are doing well on the internet. If you want to do well in the online landscape, you need to make sure that your website ranks high on search engines so that you can attract the requisite traffic. If your website ranks lower in the search results, it is difficult to get the desired traffic.
So, what should you do to get the desired traffic?
There are two things you can do to increase the traffic – you either take the paid route or try to increase it organically.
Increasing traffic organically is the best way to get sustained traffic. You, of course, can opt for a pay-per-click campaign if you want instant results. But it is not possible to keep running a PPC campaign to get the requisite traffic. The cost you invest in advertising and the returns you get overtime will not make for a profitable model. Hence, it is crucial to invest your time and energy in activities that increase your organic traffic.
According to Brightedge, more than half (51%) of all website traffic comes from organic search.
And, more than 40% of revenue comes from organic traffic.
Yes, organic traffic is what your site needs if you want to do well on the online circuit. The best part is you don’t have to invest your money to increase organic traffic.
So, what should you do to keep getting visitors on your website?
There is a lot that you can do to increase organic traffic to your site.
But before getting into what you should do to increase organic traffic to your site, let us try and understand the meaning of organic traffic.
What is organic traffic?
According to Techopedia, “search engine traffic refers to the visitors who arrive at a website by clicking search results leading to that particular website. Using a Web analytics program, a website’s overall search engine traffic can be segmented to show the percentage of search engine traffic for individual Web pages or site sections. Search engine traffic is used to describe traffic that a site has not paid for, in contrast to paid search engine traffic, which results from people clicking through on a sponsored search result or ad. Search engine traffic is also known as organic search engine traffic.”
Organic traffic is the traffic that you get from search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing. The traffic comes to your site from unpaid resources because your website ranks high on these search engines.
Organic website traffic can deliver visitors that are specifically looking for services or products similar to what you offer.
9 techniques that can increase organic traffic to your site
As a marketer or website owner, it should be your endeavor to increase organic traffic to your website. Organic traffic to your site is bound to increase if you rank on the first page of Google, and the traffic can exponentially increase if you rank in the top three positions or the featured snippet for a particular keyword.
Here are nine techniques that can help you increase organic traffic to your website:
- Don’t just optimize for search engines, instead optimize for your target audience – You need to know for whom you are writing your content. Try and create educational and informative content that resonates well with your buyers, which helps improve your SEO. You need to address the issues of your buyers and know the keywords they use in search queries. If you optimize only for search engines, it is not going to help you much.
- Make sure you use longtail keywords – Don’t just run after the most popular keywords in your market. It is important to use keywords that are relevant and specific to your products or services. Search engines like Google will identify your site or blog in due course, helping you climb the search rankings, and it will become easier for your customers to find you.
- Pay attention to blogging – If you want to increase your organic traffic, you cannot avoid blogging. It is the best way of increasing your organic traffic. It allows you to create relevant and meaningful content for your target audience. But make sure that your blogs are nicely written, informative, and original, which adds value to your audience.
- Connect to others on the blogging arena – It is important for you to read, comment, and link to other websites and blogs in your niche so that they can do the same for your content. It can increase and attract more prospects.
- Make sure you create high-quality content consistently – You need to write and publish high-quality content regularly and consistently. The more you produce high-quality content for your website or blog, more are the chances of attracting organic traffic.
- Work on your meta title, URL, and description – If you want to optimize your web page or blog post effectively, you need to work on the meta title, URL, and description. Make sure you convey your message clearly so that search engines can pick your content for specific searches. Also, ensure that you work on all your pages to optimize them properly.
- It is important to use internal links – It is necessary to create internal links. When you write blogs, you should always use internal links so that you can take your prospects to more relevant content present on your website. Creating internal links will help you keep your prospects on your site for a longer duration, which, in turn, can also improve your search engine rankings. But ensure that you don’t overdo internal linking.
- External links are also important – If you want to improve your rankings on Google, you need to ensure that your content has adequate external links from trustworthy and reliable sites. Google prioritizes websites that have external links. Connect to people in your niche, and ask them to connect to your site. Also, encourage your clients, friends, suppliers, and vendors to link to your site.
- You should use social media and exploit Google Analytics – You should use social media networks like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. to build your reputation on the internet. You can add a share button on your content so that your content can be shared extensively. But make sure that your content is worthy of sharing. Also, you should use Google Analytics to track your visitors. From Google Analytics, you can get to know where your prospects come from and the keywords they use. You can fine-tune your content strategy accordingly.
If you want to know more about how to increase traffic organically, you should get in touch with vStacks Infotech. We are a digital marketing company, and we know how to create a robust SEO strategy for your website. A robust SEO strategy, coupled with social media marketing, can ensure that you keep getting traffic organically.